Brian Greene moderates this fascinating program exploring the fundamental principles of Quantum Physics. Anyone with an interest in science will enjoy this thought-provoking and highly entertaining show.
PARTICIPANTS: Mark Van Raamsdonk, Gerard ’t Hooft, David Wallace, Birgitta Whaley
MODERATOR: Brian Greene
WATCH THE TRAILER: https://youtu.be/JxhfU_fvlAM
WATCH THE LIVE Q&A WITH MARK VAN RAAMSDONK: https://youtu.be/GvRNV6Gmmzk
Ninety years after the historic double-slit experiment, the quantum revolution shows no sign of slowing. Join a vibrant conversation with renowned leaders in theoretical physics, quantum computation, and philosophical foundations, focused on how quantum physics continues to impact understanding on issues profound and practical, from the edge of black holes and the fibers of spacetime to teleportation and the future of computers.
MORE INFO ABOUT THE PROGRAM AND PARTICIPANTS: https://www.worldsciencefestival.com/...
This program is part of the Big Ideas Series, made possible with support from the John Templeton Foundation.
- Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for all the latest from WSF
- Visit our Website: http://www.worldsciencefestival.com/
- Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/worldscience...
- Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/WorldSciFest
- Brian Greene's introduction to Quantum Mechanics 00:00
- Participant Introductions 03:32
- Where do we currently stand with quantum mechanics? 05:30
- Chapter One - Quantum Basics 07:48
- The Double Slit experiment 14:18
- Chapter Two - Measurement and Entanglement 26:53
- Quantum Mechanics today is the best we have 41:27
- Chapter Three - Quantum Mechanics and Black Holes 59:07
- Black holes and Hawking Radiation 01:03:56
- Chapter Four - Quantum Mechanics and Spacetime 01:15:45
- Chapter Five - Applied Quantum 01:23:36
This program was recorded live on 6/2/17 and has been edited and condensed for our YouTube channel. Watch the original full livestream here: https://youtu.be/3qQ8r-_NdZo